At BeeInspired we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy – this includes any Personal Data we collect.
This Policy includes information about what Personal Data we collect, why we do so, what we use it for and how long we keep it. It also includes a reminder of your rights regarding your Personal Data, and information about how to contact us if you have any questions or comments relating to your Data Rights.
When Do We Collect Personal Data?
Our website collects your information when you place an order with us or make an enquiry about our products. We also collect information when you sign up to our Mailing List in person or online, or enter a competition run by us. If you visit our website it collects information using cookies.
What Personal Data Do We Collect and why?
Personal Data means any information that can be used to identify (or make identifiable) a particular living person. This covers many different types of information, so we have broken down the list of what we collect about you into a few broad categories:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, any online username.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes processing your orders and recording information about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Website Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password (if applicable), purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your communication preferences, including any marketing information you have chosen to receive from us. This helps us to manage our relationship with you and ensures you only receive communications from us that are relevant and timely.
What Is The Basis For Collecting & Processing Personal Data?
To process your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases:
- for the performance of a contract we have with you (such as an order for our products);
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (such as tax obligations, or to let you know if we have to recall a faulty product); or
- to further our legitimate business interests (such as tailoring your experience on our website), provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
If there is another specific purpose where the above legal bases would not apply to the processing of your Personal Data by us (such as receiving marketing communications), we will seek your consent to do so.
Sharing Your Personal Data
BeeInspired will never sell any of your Personal Data.
We will not share your Personal Data with any other organisations, individuals or anybody else, except as may be required by law and with the following Third Parties who process data on our behalf:
- Our website software is provided by WordPress and WooCommerce
- Our accounting details are managed by Lincroft & Company Ltd
- Our mailing lists are maintained by MailChimp (US – Privacy Shield compliant)
- Our IT and comms support are In The Box
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than is reasonably necessary to comply with our obligations to you and what the law requires and to satisfy any accounting or reporting requirements
- Mailing List; your details will be deleted when you unsubscribe
- Website purchases and/or sales; by law we will need to retain details of your last transaction for 6 years
In determining the retention period of all Personal Data we take into account the amount, sensitivity and potential risk to you of any unauthorised disclosure and aim to minimise both the amount of Personal Data we hold and the duration we retain it.
What If I Do Not Want To Provide My Personal Data?
We need to collect a certain amount of information about you in order to provide the services we offer. If you decline to provide the Personal Data we require through our website we will not be able to process an online order, but we could sell you a product in person.
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which BeeInspired holds about you;
- The right to request that BeeInspired corrects any of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain it;
- The right to withdraw your consent (where relied on) to process any of your Personal Data by BeeInspired;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or online or write to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Exercising Your Rights
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- What we may need from you
To make sure Personal Data is not disclosed to anyone without the right to access it we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time limit to respond
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If we are processing your Personal Data based solely on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
If you would like to contact us in respect of this Policy or any Personal Data which we control, please do so via the following:
by post: BeeInspired Atelier 2, Weston Green Road, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0JN
by email: email@example.com
by telephone: 020 8398 0041
Changes To This Policy